Friday, May 28, 2010

Retirement things

We've turned into European grocery shoppers - pop into the store daily or every-other-daily to pick up a few things, rather than staging a major grocery expedition on Sunday. One advantage: we're in Trader Joe's so often, we get to fill out the little ticket for the drawing multiple times per week instead of once. (Our TJ's rewards those of us who bring our own bags by giving the shopper a ticket on which he/she writes his/her name, putting the ticket in a basket and at some point drawing a winning ticket - I think once a week - and the winner gets some sort of prize. We wouldn't know, since we've never won the drawing!)

We've also reacquainted ourselves with the public library. Before, with taking Mom shopping on Saturday and the p.l. being closed on Sunday, we just never had time to go there. Our reading material came from Kennedy Library, where I worked, and from our mobile home park's club house library (not a bad little library for current fiction). So, now we've begun hanging out at the p.l. again. Cozying up to as many libraries as possible is always a good thing.

3 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

We like that style of shopping too. Although not yet retired ... Cricket and I walk up to the store during work and pick up some favorite fruits and veggies for a couple days. Sounds like retirement is treating you well! Nice!

slocyn said...

Well, I'm far from retired, yet I'm at the store on a daily basis. Mostly to pick up whatever I forgot from the "major expedition" trip. Oh, and BTW the prize for TJs is a $25 gift card. Not that I've won, and seeing that they rarely even give me a ticket anymore even though I dutifully bring in my surfboard bag ... ...

Retired Duo said...

Hi Cyndee - we have to pro-active and grab one of those tickets when we're in TJs. Can't win if you don't enter! Hope springs eternal that we will win the drawing.