Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cortisone twins

Bob and I have gotten cortisone shots in bad joints in the last few days. I'd finally had it with long-standing tendon inflammation in my right elbow ("tennis elbow" - no, I don't play tennis). Bob had a very painful flare-up of what the doctor said was inflammation of the left rotator cuff tendons and bursa. I went with him to Englewood for the shot - the doctor used ultrasound to determine the right place to put the needle. Boy, what a long needle. Good thing Bob couldn't see it. My needle was much shorter. Whew. We're doing better. Gotta love that cortisone!

2 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Oh I remember how the cortisone shot saved the day when I was recovering from my broken arm. Hope you find relief soon, both of you!

Retired Duo said...

Thanks, Becky. We're doing much better.