Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We made it back!

Trouble on both ends of the journey - lost a day on both ends. The flight leaving Santa Maria was delayed more than an hour (never found out what the deal was). Therefore, the connection in LA for Dulles in Virginia was totaled, as was the last connection to Dayton. So, we got to LA and sat until 10:45 p.m. (aargh!), flew through the night to Dulles, and then eventually landed in Dayton at 9:40 a.m. this morning. Boy, Mom and I are tired and bedraggled ... but we're here now. It's a lovely late spring day in Troy - only in the low 80s.

Bob's been busy while I was in California. He built a ramp in the garage for Mom to make the two steps into the house easier. He also put our desk together (quite a job, trust me), assembled the new bed, found a countertop remnant that he put in the laundry room above the washer and dryer, moved furniture, mowed lawns, took care of the children in fur, and generally worked himself into a frenzy. Nobody's been vacationing!

I promise I'll post more now that we have a reliable internet connection ... and after I take a nap. It was so good to see my Cal Poly peeps while I was in SLO Co. Hi everyone!

No comments: