Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

We just finished our first Ohio trick-or-treat. About 96 kids came to the door. I had candy for 100, and then I was ready to dip into my emergency supply of pretzels packaged for Halloween. It's better for all of us to have some pretzels to eat than a bunch of candy. Yesterday, we were invited to Penny and Jack's church for "Trunk 'n Treat," where the church and neighborhood kids go from trunk to trunk in the parking lot and get candy. They're in costume, of course. We had candy for 260 kids, ran out, snitched tootsie rolls from Jack, ran out again, and finally slinked (slunk? which is correct?) away with our trunk closed. Wow. I was used to 4, maybe 6, trick-or-treaters in San Luis Obispo.
Bob's sister Penny dressed as Cooper the dog.

Penny and Jack's trunk (and the source of our tootsie roll filching).

Not our trunk, but an inspiration for next year. Do I not have some spare feet lying around? It's perfect.

.

Our front porch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your glowing treat-or-treat bear. At last, he has a chance to shine (pun intended). Did you decorate your trunk? And is Cooper the dog a character I should recognize? I need details.

Me

Retired Duo said...

We did decorate our trunk, though I could not find pictures in Bob's photo file. He was too busy taking pictures of other people's trunks. Re Cooper: I too am clueless. I know Cooper came to vacation bible school as well. So, he's known to the kids who attend church. Penny was eager to be Cooper because this Halloween it was a little nippy - all that "Cooperness" was good insulation.