Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bigger snow

It snowed on top of snow, so we actually had enough snow to go sledding. I haven't been sledding since 1986. But, before fun, we had to shovel our sidewalk (part of our civic duty) and our driveway. The city doesn't plow our street - I guess we're in an extremely low priority area. So, we added to the mess by throwing our sidewalk snow into the street. Our neighbor boys, the itinerant shovelers, weren't out and about when we cleared our sidewalk and driveway. Darn.

Our front yard before we trampled all over it.

I shovel the driveway. Check my expression. Very dedicated to my task.

Bob poses between scoops.

Bob is ready to go down the side of the levee by the Great Miami River.

I'm ready for another run. Going down is much easier than climbing up.

2 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Fun. We sled down our backhill. I hadn't done it for years until a few years ago - so much fun.

Retired Duo said...

Sledding in coastal California is not an option, so this was the first time to sled since we lived in Ithaca, NY. Last night a warm front moved in, complete with lightning and thunder. It rained a lot, melted the snow, and it's now around 55 degrees outside. No more sledding for now!